Peanut Butter Eggplant Tempura
You would definitely want to skip the restaurant for this savory easy to make Peanut Butter Eggplant Tempura
Eggplant Tempura Ingredients:
2 long thin Asian eggplants
1/2 cup of Pure Goodness Powdered Peanut Butter
1/2 cup of water
1 teaspoon of salt or garlic salt
2 cup of Panko (Japanese style breadcrumbs)
Vegan Tempura Sauce Ingredients (Optional):
2 tablespoon of soy sauce,
2 tablespoon of mirin (Japanese sweet cooking wine)
1 tablespoon of Maple syrup
1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Preheat the oven to 400℉.
- Cut the eggplant into 2/3 inch thick slices.
- Mix the Pure Goodness Powdered Peanut Butter with the water, then stir well.
- Dip the eggplant slices in the peanut butter, and roll the coated slices in the Panko.
- Spray olive oil on the baking sheet, then put the eggplant slices on the baking sheet, spray the top of the eggplant with olive oil and sprinkle with salt or garlic salt, bake for 25 minutes, turning the eggplant half way through, until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, serve as is or with Vegan Tempura sauce.
- Panko is a vegan friendly Japanese style breadcrumbs.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.